- Always work with facts and figures. As long as you cannot prove it then it doesn't exist this is the case especially for hearsay or rumors at work.
- Always take calculated risks, trust your instinct but even then have a plan B just in case.
- Its work, nothing personal, take criticism/correction as it is. Differentiate.
- Emails and all other written communications are evidence, be careful what you write.
- There is very little if any room for emotions, always be as objective as you possibly can. Keep your personal issues aside, always know that you don't need to like/approve of anyone to work with them.
- Realize that you are there to work, build your skill base and make some money in the process. Friendships made are extras.
- Its not a favor, you work and get paid and you have the job because you are qualified for it. Its mutually beneficial and if you feel undeserving don't show, portray confidence as well take time to understand what the role is about.
- Assert yourself, say what you mean. Don't be afraid to say NO. People will always treat you as you present yourself.
- Pick your fights carefully.
- There is no perfect workplace, do your thing and walk away. Let work things be work things and personal stuff be.
- When you decide to resign, try your best to leave in the best terms possible. Be careful if you think you take the counter offer or use it as a means to get a pay rise.
- Try your best not to react, walk away or do what you need to calm down then act.
- Suck it up, else find another option unless you have no bills. C'est la vie.
18 August 2010
12 August 2010
It has been brought to my attention by two separate people that i don't see them as men. Really, dude seriously, you want to go that way? SMH! To paraphrase Katt Williams, it's called SELF-ESTEEM! It's esteem of your self. How am I gonna eff up how you feel about yourself you simple man ?
In other words, grow a pair. I still don't understand why people worry about what others think or say about them. There are people who are worth the trouble and then there is the rest. Go figure!