19 February 2006

Untitled



I have realized that i have within me the ability to face/handle and overcome/deal with whatever this world/life/destiny/fate may throw my way. My mother taught me that i can get anything that i desire. The only condition is that i have to want it bad enough and be willing to work for it then i can have it.She said anything which is how i have taken and always believd in.Now part of this anything is a big pain in my derriere : men.I have always thought and with few disappointments that i can get any man that my heart wants only that i must want him really badly. Now this is not too bad except th i seem to fancy what most people would call arrogant men. The hard nuts (no pun intended) to crack, must be the challenge of the chase and figuring them out. I simply love the quiet type the ones no one can figure out, the ones who seem hard to get except MBAs ( married but available). On the other hand i also love being the one that got away tis true your money can buy me anything but that dont mean that it can get you my affection.
In the few years that i have dated, taken the plunge, allowed cupid the priviledge of messing with my brains and hormones i know that i want a man but i know that i dont need one.i know how far i can go as far as getting a man is concerned. Tis true some are worth chasing tall the way to Timbuctu and i do agree with Guess that there are alot of good men left just not good for me. I like to be realistic and ask for that which even i know that i can give. The person must be just as willing as i am to put up with some of te things i do like foreign films with english subtitles, karaoke, live bands, sports among others some as strange as >d feeling up mannequinns.
Some of the joys of being alone is the fact that i can have my cake and eat it too, i get to choose my party and leave at my will. In this relation looking back at the things that i have done in the name of love, i know that this time i must do better. i know for sure i am nobody's booty call its either all or nothing which as at now am not ready for as Milo put it single but not willing to mingle. Till then I I I have my life to live. So may options so little time...

13 comments:

  1. My dear, as relates to men- I'm certainly no authority..lol, however, what's 'working' for me lately..following my instincts(uuu great, a new concept! lol). When I finally decided to listen to the inner voice/angel on my shoulder..I've been able to weed out the zozo's early enough, where I come out unscathed and I quite like this. Right now I'm taking a HUGE risk..I thought I was done here. Funny, when you posted the Macy Gray 'I try', that song happened to be on constant rotation in my player..lol..I try indeed.. Jayzuz!I've gotta learn to keep it short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how people always say we all have a twin out there?. Am now convinced you're mine. I have your posts in both Dec and Jan to prove it.

    However much we say to ourselves we won't let ourselves be in the same spot as the last, its truly impossible.

    Unfortunately we have no control of what our hearts/souls feel. I've resigned myself to Nat king Cole's "its better to be loved and lost than not to have loved at all".

    Dearest our prince charming is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it just me, or is there an epidemic of singletons in Nairobi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you every bit my dear...evry single bit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things: If I were a man you definitely wouldnt be my 'good woman' because of subtitled movies and karaoke LOLOLOLOL

    Two, one man's meat and all that, so I get your point re:my latest post

    Now, I get you on matters of love - its actually quite weird how we go out with these guys knowing full well its not exactly what we want, then take time out, open yourself up and find a 'perfect' match. Hang in there, dont settle for anything, and be ready to compromise too. It aint a perfect world that love.
    As Medusa above says, you have to be ready to risk - whichever form that takes, to get to your destination.

    Milo may not be ready to mingle, but he isnt averse to being touched... (ducks a jab to the head)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOLOLOL @Guess

    Dear Gish

    Enyewe you've misquoted me. Ten cents has been poured to finish me!!!

    I have said I am unattached and untouched... Single but not yet ready to mingle... siyo not willing...

    LOLOLOLOL

    Lakini wajua my vibe so dats cool...

    Take your time sweetie...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Milo - man protesteth too much - you wanna hit, but not stay for the cops to come and take a statement? LOL (pointing and laughing out loud)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @medusa
    I am going that way of inner voice and it does help alot esp to weed the goons out and also deleting my phone number from people fones then they are out of me completely. Gal, keep trying you know it has o get better huh!
    @strawberries
    hallo twin.a with you as far as NAt is concerned. And as for cupid i run but cant seem to run far enough
    dont you worry also our better men are on the way
    @samborera
    its an epidemic, evidence the number of matchmaking and dating agencies out there.
    @kenyamusings
    great comfort to kow we are many.. strength in numbers they say?
    @guess
    now that we would have to compromise the karaoke u know case of the hidden talents that should remain hidden. Its both pain and pleasure this thing they call love and cupid hmmm. Milo i know his case so he gets off on that one.
    @milo
    Just think of me as the pages in your diary.. i know swty i know dont you worry oyu know i got your back and no money has been poured. Laikini at least we all know where you stand in this case.
    @guess
    nice one hit bt not wait for cops ROLFMAO

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is good to have high standards but remember that those who will be able to meet them are few and far between and that they too many have their own standards that you may not be able to meet.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. what is it with the month of feb....i cant wait for march!
    Pray you find the perfect jamaa for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Given time you'll find that one who deserves you and you deserve and they'll love you so much and you'll love them back.

    I love your att. Stop been a stranger pretty please :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can do anything you set your mind to. Go get them gal...

    Great post as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh dear,these men are not good.Read KM,MsK,...

    Well no one has ever come up with how to deal with men at arms length,generations of women come suffer Men.

    I cannot guarantee you you wont be there again coz you will, it is all part of loving.

    No pain, no gain. Only remember to remain independent! And seriously at that.

    I tell my g/friends , you have to do your own things without tagging them along.

    Only in that way you will still have things to do without him if he will not be there forever.

    ReplyDelete